Kitchen Fire Damage Apartment

Fire crews estimate thousands of dollars in losses

POSTED: 01:12 AM CST Dec 27, 2012    UPDATED: 06:33 AM CST Feb 22, 2013 

A cooking fire caused thousands of dollars in damage at a Columbia apartment. Fire crews responded to the Hanover Village Apartments at around 10:30 Wednesday night. They found a fire in the kitchen, but were able to put it out quickly. People inside the apartment were able to get out safely without injuries. Columbia Fire Investigator Lieutenant Brian Davison estimates damages at $10,000. He says residents left cooking unattended before the fire broke out.