COLUMBIA, Mo. - Boone Hospital Center announced Wednesday it cut dozens of jobs.
The hospital informed staff it was cutting 26 full-time equivalent positions due to a "workforce optimization."
A hospital spokesman said 20 current employees are impacted. Out of those employees, 13 have been displaced from their positions and seven will see their hours reduced.
The center cited lower inpatient volumes, increased charity care and reduced government reimbursement as reasons for the reduction in staff.
- Updated One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Updated Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust