JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Three Missouri state park beaches will remain closed over the Fourth of July holiday weekend due to water quality issues.
Wakonda's Beach in La Grange, Grand Glaize Beach in Osage Beach, and the Harry S. Truman public beach in Warsaw are all closed until further notice.
The water at the beaches had bacteria levels higher than those recommended for swimming.
The beaches at the Lake of the Ozarks and Harry S. Truman state parks both have a second swimming beach that visitors can use.
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Updated Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes