COLUMBIA, Mo. - The Salvation Army will begin taking applications for its annual Christmas assistance program this week.
The program allows families with children under the age of 15 to request toys. Families without children can request a food voucher.
Applications will be accepted Nov. 12-15 from 10 a.m. to noon and Nov. 19-22 from 1-4 p.m. at 1108 W. Ash Street. Applications will also be accepted on Nov. 13 and 20 from 5-7 p.m.
Families who have not signed up with another charitable organization and who meet income guidelines can apply for the assistance.
Applicants must bring a photo ID for everyone 17 years of age and older, Social Security cards or a DFS printout with names and Social Security numbers for the entire household, a lease or utility bill in the name of the applicant, proof of all household income, including either a food stamp amount verification or denial letter.
For more information, contact the Salvation Army at 573-442-3229.
- Updated Woman in fatal crash wasn't wearing seat belt
- Updated Suspect indecently exposes himself on East Rollins Street
- New Man's petition to set aside guilty plea in murder case denied
- Governor's security detail to remain same under Greitens
- Man is arrested for aggravated stalking, was hiding in victim's backyard
- Victim assaulted and robbed by same suspect within a week
- Governor--elect Greiteins vows to tighten up on crime