ST. LOUIS (AP) — Fire officials in St. Louis say fireworks may be to blame for a blaze that badly damaged a home.

KTVI-TV (http://bit.ly/1iWwKHr ) reports that the fire broke out Tuesday night in a vacant home on the city's north side. No one was hurt.

Witnesses told firefighters that young people were playing with fireworks in the area around the time the fire broke out. No utilities were in use in the home and the fire commander on the scene suspects fireworks were the cause.

___

Information from: KTVI-TV, http://www.fox2now.com/