FENTON, Mo. (AP) — The Jefferson County sheriff says three people found dead in a home near Fenton Thursday afternoon were apparent victims of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Sheriff Oliver "Glenn" Boyer and Saline Valley Fire Chief Bob Dunn told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch (bit.ly/1rCOBXv ) that the three unidentified victims likely died in their sleep and that there were no signs of foul play.

Boyer said deputies found keys in the ignition of a car in the garage that had likely been left running. A family member found one of the victims in a recliner; the other two were on mattresses.

The victims were a 64-year-old man, a 41-year-old man and a 55-year-old woman..

___

Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com