Job Summary: “The Networks of Mid-Missouri”(NPG of Missouri) is looking for talent and creativity to grow ratings and awareness for the ABC 17 News brand on KMIZ (ABC) / KQFX (FOX) / MyZouTV (MyNetworkTV) and Me-TV in the Columbia / Jefferson City television market. For insight into our market and news brand, click here.
The News Promotion Manager will be responsible for brand management of ABC 17 News along with producing topical, image and sweep promotion elements. Responsibility extends to brand oversight of abc17news.com plus any and all social media extensions of the ABC 17 news brand.
- Direct and control activities of team including TV promos, radio promos, print, social media and graphic design related to news.
- Develop and obtain approval for on-air promotion strategies from management, etc.
- Create all outside media plans during ratings including strategy and buys.
- Coordinates efforts across all departments to ensure consistent and timely execution.
- Carry promotional priorities and activities to station website.
- Produce extraordinary on-air spots.
Job Requirements: The position will require the transport and operation of production equipment. Must be able to handle equipment weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- BA or BS Marketing Advertising or Communications/Media (or equivalent).
- Minimum 3 yrs. experience as Creative Services Director or Promotion Manager or Senior Producer in broadcast TV with direct experience in News promotion. Specific experience in creation of Image, special report and topical news promotion, graphic design.
- Strategic thinker with ability to create and drive tactical plans.
- Strong understanding and ability to interpret broadcast ratings and station research to create compelling promos. Knowledge of Nielsen and Magid practices preferable.
- Must be hands on manager with technical experience to write, produce promos. Proficiency with field Cameras, Final Cut Pro, Avid Newscutter, Deko, ENPS, Photoshop, After Effects, MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Proven Experience to drive and direct Creative team as a collaborative news partner.
- Experience developing and successfully executing a station marketing plan.
- Experience marketing a news brand on multiple stations preferred.
- Multiple market experience preferred.
This position will also require operation of a company vehicle or personal vehicle on occasion. A drug test, background check and MVR check will be required prior to any job offer.
Gene Steinberg, General Manager
The Networks of Mid-Missouri
501 Business Loop 70, E.
Columbia, MO. 65201
or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org