100-year-old Callaway County home destroyed in fire

Fire officials believe aging electrical system caused fire

CALLAWAY COUNTY, Mo. - A house in Callaway County is considered a total loss following a Monday afternoon fire.

Firefighters responded to the house fire on Route J, east of Kingdom City, around 3 p.m.

New Bloomfield fire officials say the fire most likely started due to a problem with the home's aging electrical system.

All that remains of the 100-year-old house are two walls.

Authorities say the fire is a reminder that electrical systems need to be updated to ensure safety.

No one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported.

comments powered by Disqus