100-year-old Callaway County home destroyed in fire
Fire officials believe aging electrical system caused fire
A house in Callaway County is considered a total loss following a Monday afternoon fire.
Firefighters responded to the house fire on Route J, east of Kingdom City, around 3 p.m.
New Bloomfield fire officials say the fire most likely started due to a problem with the home's aging electrical system.
All that remains of the 100-year-old house are two walls.
Authorities say the fire is a reminder that electrical systems need to be updated to ensure safety.
No one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported.
Copyright © 2013 KMIZ - The Networks of Mid-Missouri. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.