JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Police and emergency medical responders took an 11-year-old boy to Capital Regional Medical Center in Jefferson City after he was hit by a car while riding his bike Friday.
The boy was thrown onto the hood of the car and hit his head on the windshield.
He was bleeding from the head when responders arrived.
Police say the child's injuries are moderate.
They also say he forgot to stop before crossing Route C by Southwest Boulevard.
- New Man beats wife, causes brain bleeds and facial fractures
- Updated Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Gov. Nixon restricts millions in Medicaid spending
- 2016 city of Columbia community survey sent to residents
- 75 years after WWII, mid-Missouri remembers
- UM System Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force releases recommendations after audit