COLUMBIA, Mo. - Columbia Police confirmed to ABC 17 News an umpire was assaulted Saturday night at the Show-Me State Games.
Officers working the games were called to a disturbance in a parking lot behind the Gold and Black baseball fields.
Police near the parking lot responded to an assault between two men.
36-year-old Curtis Howell of Jefferson City was arrested for 3rd degree assault and was released on a signature summons.
Howell assaulted a 15-year-old boy who was umpiring a baseball game where Howell was a fan.
- Updated No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes