Columbia apartment complex refunding deposits and rents of 48 units after fire
More than 40 people are permanently out of a home after a massive apartment complex fire.
On Thursday, ABC 17 News confirmed the complex owner, Mills Properties, is refunding the deposits and rents for residents of 48 units.
A total of 66 units were affected by Tuesday's fire, which started due to a malfunctioning bathroom fixture.
Columbia fire officials say the building was not up to current fire code, but had until this fall to complete upgrades.
The American Red Cross is helping victims to find a place to live.
Copyright © 2013 KMIZ - The Networks of Mid-Missouri. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.