LACLEDE CO., Mo. - A woman who allegedly killed her father and his girlfriend at the Lake of the Ozarks in 2010 appeared in Laclede County court Monday.
A judge scheduled a jury trial for February 17, 2015 in Lebanon.
Susan van Note, a former Kansas City lawyer, is charged with two counts of first degree murder and forgery for the deaths of William Van Note and Sharon Dickinson.
Prosecutors said both victims were shot at their Lake of the Ozarks vacation home.
William Van Note died in a Columbia hospital 4 days after being shot, after prosecutors said Susan Van Note showed doctors a forged durable power of health care document.
Prosecutor Brian Keedy told ABC 17 News he is not seeking the death penalty against Susan Van Note.
If convicted, she faces a maximum sentence of life in prison without parole.
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Car flips in Columbia crash, driver arrested
- Stephen Webber elected state Democratic Party chairman
- Missouri meth lab seizures down sharply in 2016
- Driver flown to hospital after rollover crash in Camden County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy