PIERPONT, Mo. - A controlled burn on private property has caused the sky in Boone County to become hazy.
Ash started raining down in the Columbia area late Monday afternoon.
Columbia Fire Battalion Chief John Metz confirmed to ABC 17 News that the fire is burning in the Pierpont area, just south of Rock Bridge State Park.
Firefighters are not responding to this burn, but Boone County Fire is working another natural cover fire north of Columbia.
- Updated Woman in fatal crash wasn't wearing seat belt
- Updated Suspect indecently exposes himself on East Rollins Street
- New Man's petition to set aside guilty plea in murder case denied
- Governor's security detail to remain same under Greitens
- Man is arrested for aggravated stalking, was hiding in victim's backyard
- Victim assaulted and robbed by same suspect within a week
- Governor--elect Greiteins vows to tighten up on crime