***UPDATE 11:56 P.M.*** Neighbors told ABC 17 News they're afraid to let their kids out of their sight. "Its just crazy someone trying to take your child, you don't know if they are coming back or if they know where you live I mean that would put me on high alert," said Satina Beckner who lives nearby. ***ORIGINAL STORY*** Columbia police were looking for a man accused of trying to take a 9-year-old girl from her own backyard Sunday morning. According to a news release, the girl and her 4-year-old brother were playing in the 1600 block of Hanover Boulevard when a black man of unknown age tried to take the girl by her arm. The brother told police he didn't see anything. The incident was reported at 8:58 a.m. Sunday. A Missouri State Highway Patrol K-9 unit was brought to the scene, but lost the suspect's scent. Investigators at the scene couldn't gather any more information. The suspect is being described as a black male of unknown age, wearing a mask, jacket and blue jeans. Police are asking for your help in this case. If you have any information about Sunday's kidnapping attempt, you're asked to call CrimeStoppers at 875-TIPS.
- Updated No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes