BENTON COUNTY, Mo. - Authorities believe they found have the remains of an elderly woman who went missing last month near Warsaw.
The Benton County Sheriff's Office and members of the Missouri Region C Technical Rescue Team say they recovered the remains of 72-year-old Hellen Cook. The body was found near a lake where personal items belonging to her were found.
Authorities say they will conduct a DNA test to positively identify the remains.
Cook suffered from Alzheimers and walked away from the family's Warsaw home on July 13.
- Updated Lawsuit filed to fight campaign contribution amendment
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Stolen car flips during chase with authorities in Moberly
- Audit finds security flaws in state's payroll system
- Columbia Fire Department: Person and vehicle on fire, cause unknown
- Updated First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security