***UPDATE SUNDAY*** Columbia police are looking for a black male suspect in his 30's or 40s. He is described as 5'6" - 5'7" tall, with stock build, wering dark pants and a dark hooded sweatshirt. An employee at Bocomo Bay reported the man had come into the store to buy an item, went behind the counter and put a hard object to the clerk's back before getting away with an undisclosed amount of money. ***ORIGINAL STORY*** Columbia police responded to the report of a robbery at Bocomo Bay on Wilkes Blvd in central Columbia just after 6 p.m. Saturday. One witness told an ABC 17 News crew at the scene he saw a man run through Field Park, which is less than a block away from the store, with a white bag around the same time. The man is described as possibly wearing blue jeans, a gray hooded sweatshirt and a red shirt underneath. The witness said the man disappeared into the bushes between two homes on Rangeline Street. Bocomo Bay is no stranger to crime, the store has been robbed at least four times in recent years, including twice in less than 24 hours in September 2011 and once each in March 2010 and December of 2006. Police had not released a suspect description or information on what, if anything, was taken as of Saturday evening. Stay with ABC 17 News and abc17news.com for updates as they become available.
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy