COLUMBIA, Mo. - Two suspects in Tuesday's Columbia homicide on West Texas Avenue were arraigned Friday afternoon in Boone County Circuit Court.
Boone County Prosecutor Dan Knight requested that bond be set at $1 million cash-only for 23-year-old Deshai Richardson and 22-year-old She'aun Prince.
That request was granted by a judge Friday.
Knight told the court and ABC 17 News he made the request because both Richardson and Prince are a threat to the owner of the apartment, a flight risk, and argued that both suspects have strong ties to what he calls a violent Columbia gang, Squad Up.
Knight could not elaborate on what he told the court because the case is still under investigation.
One man was killed and another suspect, 22-year-old Darrius Edwards, was injured when Edwards, Prince, and Richardson allegedly tried to rob the apartment of 28-year-old Reggie Bentley.
Stay with ABC 17 News for the latest in this developing story.
- Updated Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes
- Fire district advises residents of ways to avoid a home fire this winter
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Updated Columbia man to federal prison for sex trafficking
- Updated Jefferson City police awarded DWI vehicle to step up enforcement