CALDWELL CO., Mo. - A kidnapping and rape suspect who led police on a multi-day manhunt at the Lake of the Ozarks in summer 2013 pleaded not guilty to charges in Caldwell County Monday.
Adkison is charged with kidnapping, assault, violating an order of protection, damaging a jail, and escaping from jail while under arrest in Caldwell County.
Adkison was arrested in Morgan County after the manhunt then transported back to Caldwell County, where he escaped from in August. Adkison then fled to Ohio, where he was eventually captured and charged.
Adkison also has more charges in Boone County for reportedly kidnapping and raping his ex-girlfriend, who is a former University of Missouri Student.
Adkison is being held at the Caldwell County Jail. He is scheduled back in court on June 2nd.
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Car flips in Columbia crash, driver arrested
- Stephen Webber elected state Democratic Party chairman
- Missouri meth lab seizures down sharply in 2016
- Driver flown to hospital after rollover crash in Camden County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy