JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - ABC 17 News has confirmed with Jefferson City officials a storm siren is now fixed and up and running. It was just repaired Friday morning.
The broken siren system was taken down two weeks ago to undergo repairs, after woodpeckers caused serious damage, almost slicing the pole in half.
The siren affected neighborhoods near Lewis and Clark Middle School, which is east of downtown.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit