BOONVILLE, Mo. - Two teenaged brothers were arrested Monday after they allegedly attacked a police officer.
Boonville Police Chief Bobby Welliver said 17-year-old Ethan Hessing and his 14-year-old brother stole a van in Boonville then drove it to Columbia where it broke down.
When the brothers arrived back in Boonville, an officer saw them on a scooter that had been reported stolen.
After a foot chase, the officer caught one of the brothers, but the other came up behind the officer and hit him in the face.
A witness was able to help the officer and eventually, the brothers were arrested on charges of resisting arrest, assault and auto theft.
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy