MILLER COUNTY, Mo. - A Miller County bus driver died while on her route Tuesday afternoon.
Phyllis Rush, 65, of Eugene, died while driving her afternoon route on Opal Drive near Ulman Ridge Road. She was a driver for the Miller County R-3 School District.
Authorities say Rush suffered a medical emergency while driving then lost control of the bus and struck a tree.
Six students were on the bus at the time of the accident, but none of them was hurt.
- Updated No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes