CENTRALIA, Mo. - A Centralia man now faces several child sex charges. Police arrested Travis Thurmond, 26, as he left work Friday. Detectives say Thurmond photographed and filmed multiple victims between the ages of 7 and 14 while they were undressing or completely naked.
New court documents on Monday show the incidents took place between January 2011 and last year. Thurmond also had access to some of the victims when he worked with a religious youth group.
The case began after the Division of Family Services tipped the department with information. According to authorities, Thurmond's family played a critical role in the investigation, which still remains on-going.
ABC 17 News Police Chief Larry Dudgeon did not say much about Thurmond's alleged relationship with the victims.
Dudgeon simply said, "I prefer not to speak about the child or the relationship to the arrested Travis Thurmond."
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit