BOONVILLE, Mo. - A chemical explosion inside a home on Speed Drive south of Boonville Saturday night sent one man to the hospital.
The victim was transported to University Hospital by a Staff for Life helicopter. Officials said the man had serious injuries to the face.
Emergency crews said Sunday the explosion was caused after a homemade explosive device that was used for target practice exploded.
The plastic cap blew off the device while it was being moved.
Cooper County emergency management said no others were injured.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit