MEXICO, Mo. - One child was seriously injured in a Monday afternoon car crash near Mexico, Mo.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol responded to a head-on collision around 3:20 p.m. on County Road 820 near County Road 815.
Troopers say Mary Carr, 35, of Mexico, failed to drive on the right side of the road and struck another car head-on.
Carr suffered minor injuries, but her daughter, 8-year-old Taylor Carr, sustained serious injuries and was transported to Women's and Children's Hospital in Columbia. Kyler Carr, 5, sustained minor injuries in the crash.
Troopers say neither Carr nor her two children were wearing safety devices.
The driver and passenger in the other car, 17-year-old Dallas Miller and 19-year-old Karley Newsom, had minor injuries. Troopers say they were wearing seat belts.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost