COLUMBIA, Mo. - Near-record cold across mid-Missouri Monday caused cancellations and delays in some services.
In Columbia, trash and recycling pick up is canceled for Monday, pushing pickup schedules back one day this week. According to Public Works, commercial refuse and recycle was still on and the landfill would be open.
Allied Waste in Jefferson City also announced it would not pick up trash Monday.
Columbia city buses and para-transit were scheduled to run normal schedules Sunday night, but that could change early Monday morning.
Columbia Regional Airport will also be open Monday, though flights to and from Chicago O'Hare airport had been canceled for Sunday because of inclement weather there.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Updated Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost