COLUMBIA, Mo. - More than 40 people are permanently out of a home after a massive apartment complex fire.
On Thursday, ABC 17 News confirmed the complex owner, Mills Properties, is refunding the deposits and rents for residents of 48 units.
A total of 66 units were affected by Tuesday's fire, which started due to a malfunctioning bathroom fixture.
Columbia fire officials say the building was not up to current fire code, but had until this fall to complete upgrades.
The American Red Cross is helping victims to find a place to live.
- Updated Woman in fatal crash wasn't wearing seat belt
- Updated Suspect indecently exposes himself on East Rollins Street
- New Man's petition to set aside guilty plea in murder case denied
- Governor's security detail to remain same under Greitens
- Man is arrested for aggravated stalking, was hiding in victim's backyard
- Victim assaulted and robbed by same suspect within a week
- Governor--elect Greiteins vows to tighten up on crime