COLUMBIA, MO. - The Columbia Police Department will soon have a new armored vehicle.
In a six to one vote, the city council approved the department's request for a portion of the funding at a meeting on Monday night.
It was not the only issue previously met with contention to receive approval.
A plan to build a drive-thru liquore store, Macadoodles, also passed. It will be built at Providence and Green Meadows in Columbia, Mo.
The rezoning request to build a gas station at the corner of Grindstone and Rock Quarry, however, was tabled again. The council will revisit the issue on April 15th, 2013.
- Updated Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes
- Fire district advises residents of ways to avoid a home fire this winter
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Updated Columbia man to federal prison for sex trafficking
- Updated Jefferson City police awarded DWI vehicle to step up enforcement