COLUMBIA, Mo. - There's a marijuana movement in Columbia.
Columbia city council is expected to vote on Monday on a medical marijuana proposal.
It would allow anyone seriously ill to have or grow marijuana in city limits for their use, without being arrested or punished. Those who are recommended medical marijuana by their physician would be allowed to cultivate up to six marijuana plants.
But the city law department is recommending a no vote because it runs against state and federal law.
- Updated Lawsuit filed to fight campaign contribution amendment
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Stolen car flips during chase with authorities in Moberly
- Audit finds security flaws in state's payroll system
- Columbia Fire Department: Person and vehicle on fire, cause unknown
- Updated First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security