COLUMBIA, Mo. - Early Monday morning, firefighters responded to a reported structure fire at a Columbia school.
Just before 6 a.m., firefighters were called to Jefferson Middle School at 713 Rogers Street.
Officials on scene told ABC 17 News there were flames and smoke visible when they arrived.
They think the fire was due to a problem with an electrical line going into the building that was sparking and caused the fire.
A spokesperson for the school district said there is no structural damage to the building.
Schools in Columbia were already closed for the day due to weather.