COLUMBIA, Mo. -

A Columbia family is out of a home after their house goes up in flames early Saturday morning.

It happened on McClure Drive in north Columbia.

Columbia Fire Marshals say the blaze started because of a malfunction in an outlet that had several things plugged into it.

One person was home during the fire and allegedly had to climb out a bedroom window to escape the flames.

Fire marshals estimate the cost of damage to be around $85,000.   

The Red Cross is stepping in to help the family of three.

The relief organization is providing financial assistance to give the family food, clothing, and temporary motel stay.