COLUMBIA, Mo. - Fire investigators say faulty wiring in the attic of a Columbia home caused the fire that damaged it Sunday night.
The fire started at around 10:40 p.m. at the home on Washington Avenue.
Firefighters found smoke and small flames coming from the eaves, and were able to put the fire out after taking down some drywall. No one was hurt.
Most of the damage happened in the attic rafters. The cost of the damage has been estimated at $25,000.
- New Man beats wife, causes brain bleeds and facial fractures
- Updated Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Gov. Nixon restricts millions in Medicaid spending
- 2016 city of Columbia community survey sent to residents
- 75 years after WWII, mid-Missouri remembers
- UM System Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force releases recommendations after audit