COLUMBIA, Mo. - Police have made an arrest in a July arson case.
Police arrested Aimable Ruganzu, 26, for a fire that happened on July 5th in the 2700 block of McClure Drive.
Investigators say it was found that the home had been intentionally set on fire with a flammable liquid.
"There was definitely an accelerate that was used to start the fire. The composition of that has not yet been determined but it was a flammable liquid," said Battalion Chief Brad Fraiser.
A 49-year-old woman was inside the time of the fire and had to crawl out a window to escape.
Neighbors told ABC 17 News the woman inside the home was Aimable Ruganzu's mother.
Court documents show Ruganzu admitted to consuming alcohol and intentionally set the house on fire with a flammable liquid and a lighter.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit