COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Columbia man was pronounced dead at the scene of a crash Saturday morning.
Fire crews and police confirmed the death after originally responding to an extrication accident in the 1200 block of Nifong Boulevard just before 11 a.m.
29-year-old Matthew Ruggles was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the accident.
The vehicle had driven off the road, through a fence and a yard and hit a tree near a home.
Columbia police were investigating the crash Saturday evening. Alcohol or drug involvement had not been determined.
Stay with ABC 17 News and abc17news.com for updates.
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy