COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Columbia man died early Sunday morning when the car he was driving left the road, hit a pole and rolled.
Dennis Mctye, 39, was driving west on RIchland Road around 4:40 a.m.
According to police investigators, Mctye drove off the right side of the road in the 4700 block.
His 1993 Mercedes 500 SEL then hit a utility pole and overturned a short distance off the road.
The crash investigation and cleanup shut down RIchland Road at Bay Hills Drive for a couple hours after 5 a.m. Sunday.
Speed may have been a factor in the crash, according to a news release. Toxicology results would show whether alcohol or drugs were also factors.
- Montgomery County crash likely weather related
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Driving in snow and ice conditions
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"