COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Columbia man was killed and two others seriously hurt in a crash on Interstate 70 Saturday morning, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
23-year-old Jordan Elam was thrown from a 2002 Infiniti after it hit the trailer part of a semi truck and rolled multiple times before stopping in the median at mile marker 65 in Saline County.
Another passenger, 22-year-old Dominique Thomas, was also thrown from the car. She was taken by EMS to I-70 Medical Center in Sweet Springs.
Roderick Thomas, 21, was flown to Research Hospital from the scene around 8:25 a.m. He was the driver.
The driver of the tractor trailer was not hurt.
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Car flips in Columbia crash, driver arrested
- Stephen Webber elected state Democratic Party chairman
- Missouri meth lab seizures down sharply in 2016
- Driver flown to hospital after rollover crash in Camden County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy