COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Columbia family made it out of their mobile home when it caught fire early Thursday.
The fire started shortly after 3 a.m. in the 5300 block of St. Charles Road south of I-70. Nine people were inside at the time, four adults and five children.
All got out without serious injury: a child was taken to the hospital for possible smoke inhalation and two adults got some cuts from escaping through the windows.
Investigators say the fire originated at a window air conditioning unit. Damage is estimated at $40,000.
The red cross is helping out.
Firefighters say the home did not have working smoke detectors.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Updated Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost