COLUMBIA, Mo. - Firefighters found limited damage on Friday after a Columbia manufacturing plant fills with smoke. Gates Power Transmission Materials Center off Lemone Industrial Boulevard was evacuated, but only as a precaution.
The factory was closed for routine maintenance, so there was only a limited crew of 22 employees working. Investigators said tools caused some rubberized build-up to overheat.
Losses are estimated at less than $1,000.
- Updated Delta Upsilon suspends its Missouri chapter until 2018 after alleged policy violations
- Updated Traffic Alert: Emergency crews responding to crash in northeast Columbia
- Updated Major Columbia thoroughfare to see speed limit reduction
- Incoming Governor's wife robbed at gunpoint
- Updated Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"