COLUMBIA, Mo. - Law enforcement arrested eight people in Columbia for intoxicated driving at two checkpoints over the holiday weekend.
Columbia police and Boone County Sheriff's deputies set up checkpoints on Friday at State Farm Parkway and Nifong Boulevard, then again Saturday at College Avenue and Rollins Road.
More than 600 drivers were stopped at the checkpoints.
Out of those drivers, eight were arrested for DWI and two were arrested for minor in possession by consumption. 23 other drivers were detained for field sobriety testing.
- Updated Update: Ripley Street scene clear after reported fire
- Updated Proposed law would make violence against police a hate crime
- UPDATE: Fatal crash near Midway
- Interim president announces search for permanent chancellor
- Man arrested for kidnapping and assaulting Columbia woman
- Repeat offender arrested
- Police arrest a man after he allegedly threatens a woman with a machete and taser