COLUMBIA, Mo. - Columbia police are investigating an attempted home invasion and robbery.
Police were called out around 10:30 p.m. Sunday to the 2900 block of Lawnridge Court.
A woman told police that she heard a knock at the door and her boyfriend answered. Investigators say he was confronted by two men who threatened him.
The woman says at least one of the suspects had a gun.
The man confronted the suspects and was assaulted, but the men never got into the home and nothing was taken.
Police searched the area but were unable to locate the suspects.
The suspect descriptions are as follows:
Suspect No. 1 is described as a black male in his early 20's, with a medium build and was last seen wearing dark clothing.
Suspect No. 2 is a black male wearing all black clothing.
- Updated COMOGives on This Week
- Updated New School of Music building approved for University of Missouri
- One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members