COLUMBIA, Mo. - Columbia Police responded to the Landmark Bank at 1000 Kennesaw Ridge in the north part of the city for a robbery in progress Wednesday afternoon at around 2:45.
The FBI has released surveillance photos from the bank.
According to emergency scanner traffic, a person of interest took off on foot, heading northeast on Kennesaw Ridge. Police were setting up a perimeter with the help of a K-9 Unit shortly before 3:10 p.m.
The suspect apparently showed a handgun to a teller and demanded cash, taking an undisclosed amount of money.
ABC 17 News has confirmed the FBI is involved with the search.
The suspect is described as a white man in his early 30's, about 5'6", with a bandana over his face. The man was last seen wearing a light colored jacket and khaki pants.
ABC 17 has a crew on the scene and will provide further details as they become available.
- Updated One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Updated Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust