COLUMBIA, Mo. - According to emergency scanner traffic, Columbia Police responded to a possible robbery in the parking lot of the McDonald's on Business Loop 70 East just before 6:30 Wednesday night.
Multiple squad cars were involved, and police told ABC 17 News there was an exchange of money between two people that could have been drug-related. Police arrived when one person ran off with the money, but no drugs were found. Police questioned that suspect, but he was eventually released from custody.
Police did take a woman into custody for driving on a suspended license.
Stay with ABC 17 News for the latest on this developing story.
- Updated Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes
- Fire district advises residents of ways to avoid a home fire this winter
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Updated Columbia man to federal prison for sex trafficking
- Updated Jefferson City police awarded DWI vehicle to step up enforcement