COLUMBIA, Mo. - The Columbia Police Department announced Monday it will conduct a sobriety checkpoint during the upcoming commencement weekend.
Officers will be on the lookout for drunk drivers from Friday through Sunday.
The sobriety patrols coincide with University of Missouri graduation events.
Funding for the checkpoint will be paid for by a grant funded by the Missouri Department of Transportation's Traffic & Highway Safety Division.
- Update: Ripley Street scene clear after reported fire
- Proposed law would make violence against police a hate crime
- Updated UPDATE: Fatal crash near Midway
- Interim president announces search for permanent chancellor
- Man arrested for kidnapping and assaulting Columbia woman
- Repeat offender arrested
- Police arrest a man after he allegedly threatens a woman with a machete and taser