COLUMBIA, Mo. - Columbia Parks and Recreation's outdoor pools will be open for the popular Memorial Day weekend. Pools will be open Saturday, Sunday and Memorial Day from noon to 5. Pools include the Albert-Oakland Family Aquatic Center, Lake of the Woods Pool, Douglass Family Aquatic Center and Twin Lakes' Little Mates Cove.
While Columbia city pools will be open Memorial Day, they will close next week before reopening again for the weekend of May 31 and June 1. Parks and Recreation notes pools will officially be open for the summer season on June 6, after Columbia Public Schools (CPS) are out for the summer.
Pool fees for the summer differ by facility. At the Lake of the Woods Pool and Little Mates Cove, admission is $1.50 for youth between 2 and 15 years of age, and $2.75 for people 16 and older. At Albert-Oakland Family Aquatic Center, admission is $2.50 for youth between 2 and 15 and $3.75 for people 16 and older. Patrons at Douglass Family Aquatic Center pay $1 admission.
You can call Columbia Parks and Recreation for more information or to obtain details on coupon books and aquatic season passes. That number is (573) 874-7460.
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Car flips in Columbia crash, driver arrested
- Stephen Webber elected state Democratic Party chairman
- Missouri meth lab seizures down sharply in 2016
- Driver flown to hospital after rollover crash in Camden County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy