Students at Jefferson Middle are going back to school on Monday, despite a small electrical fire earlier this week. On Friday district employees told ABC 17 News repair work is still continuing, but the remaining damage is not enough to cancel classes.
Power was knocked out to roughly a third of the building early Monday morning. Witnesses heard a loud bang around 6 a.m., and then sparks started flying from the roof.
Officials blame a newly installed high-voltage line. They think it came loose before catching on fire.