COLUMBIA, Mo. - Students at Jefferson Middle are going back to school on Monday, despite a small electrical fire earlier this week. On Friday district employees told ABC 17 News repair work is still continuing, but the remaining damage is not enough to cancel classes.
Power was knocked out to roughly a third of the building early Monday morning. Witnesses heard a loud bang around 6 a.m., and then sparks started flying from the roof.
Officials blame a newly installed high-voltage line. They think it came loose before catching on fire.
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust
- Injury crash shuts down westbound Highway 50
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Updated Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated Boone County crews battle house fire on West Wolfe Road
- Lack of school resource officers in Boone County
- MU football hires defensive line coach