Wednesday morning Cole County Commissioners saw three plans to remodel or rebuild the old Cole County jail.
They want the space to be converted to offices and possibly a new courtroom.
Remodeling the jail and sheriff's residence would cost $776,000 or $850,000.
Stripping the jail down to the original footprint and building a new structure would cost $1.65 million dollars.
Commissioners seemed to favor the third option which would build a new structure.
The building's exterior would be stone to match the courthouse.
Design would take three to four months. Construction would take 10 to 12 months.
Commissioners could approve a design project at their February 18th meeting.
- Columbia man convicted of threatening witnesses, attorney
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Car windows smashed in break-in spree
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze