COLUMBIA, Mo. - Construction started Monday on a west Columbia road project.
Crews will build a mini roundabout at the intersection of Fairview Road and Rollins Road to get rid of the four-way stop. Sidewalks will also be constructed in the area.
Columbia Public Works expects the entire project to be finished in 30 to 45 days.
During construction, Rollins Road will be closed from July 8-19 east of Fairview and from July 22 to August 2 west of Fairview.
The project, which has been planned since 2005, is paid for through a combination of capital improvement project funding and Get About Columbia money.
- Crews to reduce speed limit on major Columbia roadway Wednesday
- Columbia VFW shooting suspect sentenced to prison
- Winter weather: What you should have in your car
- Delta Upsilon suspends its Missouri chapter until 2018
- Winter weather car preparations: What you should have in your car
- Speed limit reduction coming to major Columbia roadway following MoDOT study
- Updated Confirmed structure fire on Perkins Road