COLUMBIA, Mo. - An ongoing major construction project in Boone County has one road closed.
St. Charles Road is now closed at Route Z as crews start building a roundabout at that intersection.
This construction is happening at the same time as work continues to connect the new Route Z overpass to I-70.
The $2 million project is expected to help deal with the increase in traffic associated to the new Battle High School.
Missouri Department of Transportation crews should finish with construction by the beginning of August.
- Updated Update: Ripley Street scene clear after reported fire
- Updated Proposed law would make violence against police a hate crime
- UPDATE: Fatal crash near Midway
- Interim president announces search for permanent chancellor
- Man arrested for kidnapping and assaulting Columbia woman
- Repeat offender arrested
- Police arrest a man after he allegedly threatens a woman with a machete and taser