A convicted killer lost another chance for a new trial Wednesday. Callaway County Judge Christine Carpenter rejected an appeal from Brian Dorsey, for a double murder in New Bloomfield. Prosecutors say Dorsey shot his cousin and her husband in their home just before Christmas in 2006. Dorsey pleaded guilty in 2008. More than a year ago, he filed new documents claiming ineffective lawyers, followed by a three-day hearing in December 2011.
- Updated Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes
- Fire district advises residents of ways to avoid a home fire this winter
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Updated Columbia man to federal prison for sex trafficking
- Updated Jefferson City police awarded DWI vehicle to step up enforcement